Do you need to register as an Essential Service Provider over the Covid-19 Lockdown Period in South Africa? Below follows free information on how to get going within 24-hours.
Requirements to be deemed Essential by Government:
1. Registered Pty Company / CC. If you still need a legal CIPC entity for your Business, Company Partners can assist with Company Registration @ R990.
2. Essential Industry. Your business HAS to provide an essential service over the lockdown period, as listed by Government within these documents:
- Lockdown PDF (Original Essential Services List – refer to ANNEXURE B)
- Lockdown PDF (Additional Essential Services List)
- Disaster Management Act, including Level 4 info
It is your responsibility to download and study the above documents and ensure that your business activities indeed fall within the essential services lists before applying. Any false application not an essential service as per the government regulations, will be taken as a fraudulent application and you will be liable for criminal prosecution and sanction by Government.
1. Essential Service Business Certificate @ R0.00.
You’ll need this document if you HAVE a Registered Company and want to trade during any lockdown level. This cost R0 if you do it through us (apply below); or via CIPC (apply here) directly.
2. Essential Service Business Permit @ R0.00.
You’ll need this document if you DO NOT HAVE a Registered Company and want to trade during any lockdown level. This cost R0 if you do it through us (apply below); or via CIPC (apply here) directly.
3. Workplace Plan and Travel Permit @ R1990.00.
Once you have an Essential Service Businesses Certificate OR Permit – you will also need “Workplace Plan” and “Travel Permit” documents. These documents will be used by yourself and your staff to travel to your offices; and work at the office. These documents need to be setup according to The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)’s regulations – which will prove that you are doing everything possible to avoid your offices / factory to be contaminated with COVID-19. Our Health and Safety Specialists can assist – apply below.