CIPC has stopped the registration of all Close Corporations (CC’s) in 2009. Up to 2009 you could register a CC or a Private Company (Pty) Ltd, but under the Companies Act of 2008 these two company formats were ‘merged’ and the Pty Company format have been used by new companies ever since.
50 000+ Clients assisted since 2006
We Are South Africa's Most Popular 1-Stop-Shop for Entrepreneurs.
Our experts assist you with every step towards successful company compliance - within record timeframes!
If we cannot assist you, you are gauranteed
your money back.
With all our services, our clients get a free Website Domain & Design so that they can start trading ASAP.
“Fast & Professional”
My experience with company partners are amazing, I must say they helped me in a fast and professional way and guide me to register my new company. I will most definitely recommend anyone to partner with company partners when they have to setup/register a new company.
Ralston Fisher from R’s Kitchen (Pty) Ltd
“Simple & Effortless”
Company Partners is just what the name says, it is a partner to your company. It is a one stop shop for all your company needs and requirements – starting with a company registration. They make the process simple and effortless.
Conrad & Linda Webster from WebsterDesign (Pty) Ltd
Stress-free process and all necessary matters are taken care of with valued services that saves time and money! Exactly what I needed setting up my new company. I can recommend Company Partners to anyone!
Anél Joubert from JJJ Cubed Consulting and Accounting Services (Pty) Ltd
1. Keep it ‘as is’. According to the current law (Companies Act of 2008), CC’s will continue to exist in its current form for the time being. Note that there are new requirements with which you need to stay up to date.
2. Convert your CC to a Private Company (Pty). This is definitely the safest option as the Companies Act correspond 100% with the Pty’s documentation. Also, to gain the Advantages which are included in the latest Company Act for Private Companies, it could be a smart move to convert your current CC to a Private Company. CC to Pty conversions are a common practice.
1. Share liquidity: Your company owners will now become shareholders and each will receive a certain amount of shares. This allows the company to get new investors / trade with their shares in the company very easily.
2. Imports and Exports: If your company deals with any international clients, a CC will not be recognised as a Company format most of the time. In this case it is best to convert your CC to a Pty soonest.
1. Your company will now have the words ‘Pty (Ltd)‘ at the end of its name instead of ‘CC’.
2. The current members will become the Company Directors. Each Director will have a number of shares in the PTY Company.
3. You will receive Company Documents in accordance with the latest Companies Act of 2008, as per below: