Do you need to set up a Health and Safety File for your Company? Our Health and Safety File Specialist can assist. You can be located anywhere in South Africa – this is an online service. Apply below or call us Toll Free.
What is a Health and Safety File?
A Health and Safety File, otherwise known as a ‘Contractor Safety File’ is a record of information focusing on the management of health and safety on construction sites for contractors and sub-contractors. It protects the employer from criminal liability and proves compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
Our Health and Safety Specialist.
Our Health and Safety Specialist, Corne Crowe, has over 8 years experience in Health and Safety. She has a National Diploma in Safety Management, is a qualified Fall Protection Plan Developer and also registered with SACPCMP and SAIOSH.
Your final Health and Safety File will contain the following:
Every Health and Safety File is ‘site specific’. It will be compiled in accordance with the client’s and the site’s safety specifications. The overall information requirements remain the same, and the site specific documents will be added. Your final Health and Safety File will contain the following:
- Contractor appointment letter. (Construction Regulation 5(3)(f) of the OHS A)
- 37(2) Agreement between client and contractor
- Notification of Construction Work
- OHS Act
- Company Occupational Health and Safety Management Plan
- Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- COID Letter of Good Standing – click here to apply.
- Material Safety Data Sheets for hazardous materials used (if required)
- Tax clearance certificate – click here to apply.
- Risk Assessments
- Safe work procedures (Site Specific)
- Legal appointment with proof of training (Ex. Chief Executive Officer, Risk Assessor, First Aider etc.)
- ID copies of all Employees on site
- Incident reporting procedures
- Incident reports (General Administrative Regulation 9 (3) – Annexure 1)
- Incident registers
- Reports of accidents
- Emergency preparedness documents
- Induction records
- Medical surveillance records
- Safety communication (Eg. Toolbox talks)
- Registers (task and site specific, eg. Confined space, PPE issue, hand tools etc.)
- Minutes of safety meetings
- Assessment reports
- Inspection registers
- Inspection report
- Method statements (per activity)
Cost: R 2 990 (Initiation Fee) + R 6 900 (Finalisation Fee).
Our specialist will first gather all information required from you – thus initiate your application (R 2 990 fee payable). And then finalise your application and deliver your completed Health and Safety File (R 6 900 fee payable). If you do not need a full Health and Safety File; but rather a Health and Safety Plan for under R7000 – apply here.
Please wait a moment while we prepare your account.
You will be taken to your account when it is ready.
- Apply above or call us Toll Free on 0800 007 269 (free to dial from Cellphones and Landlines).
- Complete the easy online form and initiation fee payment.
- Our Health and Safety Specialist works directly with you to get your documents ready and send the final invoice payable.
- You will receive your Health and Safety File from us.
Advantages to have a Health and Safety File.
- Contacts & Tenders: Numerous Contracts or Tenders requires you to have a Health and Safety File in place to perform any work on a construction site. Without this File you will not be able to get these large Contracts or Tenders.
- Implementation of a Health and Safety System: With a Health and Safety File, you can control your health and safety management on site.